Thing 6: Digital Storytelling


Bitmoji Image


     I will be honest in this post.  I am not technologically savvy or patient with technology.  I tried a few of the sites like Sutori, which definitely looks useful and I would love to have the students use it for vocabulary practice, timelines, or for key events in a story. However, I wanted to do so much and it was becoming time-consuming looking for images and going back and forth between all the tabs I had open.  If I was more organized though and had all my materials handy it would have been much simpler.  I will definitely try this for future review and lessons. 

     I really wanted to try Adobe Spark, but I was having technical difficulties and couldn't get past the initial sign up page. 
I think I signed up for their monthly newsletter (oops) and then the site kept freezing.        


     The one I found most simple to use at the moment was Teach-nology  While it is only 6 events and very simple, students could each pick a couple of main events and go into more detail and create a larger class timeline.  They could also add their own images or drawing.  Here is a link to my basic timeline that could lead to much more : Civil War Timeline

Comments

  1. Yeah, it is a lot easier to test out these tools if you've already collected a few photos. Most of my tests use the same random 5 photos over and over. But also, you ended up finding a tool that is simple and works well! So, well done. (I couldn't see the actual timeline, the link led to a file that wasn't available. No worries though, I know you did the work!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 14: Bitmoji Fun